Green names everywhere? CityFight forums
Forum home for the cityfight campaign

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

Green names everywhere?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CityFight forums Forum Index -> Site discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dwi
Militia

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:45 am    Post subject: Green names everywhere? Reply with quote

On my PC it seems that half our members names are showing up as mods when they are not.

Is it just me? Or is anyone els haveing this problem?
NewGuy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I see it too. I'm pretty sure it denotes both the mods and those who have registered for a faction.
DemonSlayer
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup. It's due to two limitations of the forum, really.

The first one is that groups can't be given read/write/edit/delete/whatever rights on specific forums; instead, I can only set a group to "Is moderator" and "Is not moderator" per forum. That means that, effectively, everyone's a moderator of sorts. It's the only way to enforce hidden forums.

The second problem is that I can't give name colours to groups (like in A5)- they're all green.

I could possibly solve the first limitation by giving every individual member rights to the hidden forum, instead of groups. But that's a lot of work, and this works equally well Razz.

I'm gonna move this one to site discussion, though Smile.

It is a downside to not making my own forum, but using a free one instead- the upside is that I don't have to pay $30,- each month to rent a server capable of hosting a user-made forum- compare this to the $10,- I pay each year to pay for the server that the campaign site is on Razz.

Also, forums are hard to write code for Wink.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CityFight forums Forum Index -> Site discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: