Contest #2: Writing CityFight forums
Forum home for the cityfight campaign

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

Contest #2: Writing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DemonSlayer
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:10 am    Post subject: Contest #2: Writing Reply with quote

In this contest, you can show off your writing skills!

The goal is to write a piece of background fluff for your character/army.

All submissions should be 500-1000 words in length.

Deadline is May 16th. All players who enter will be awarded with a small resource bonus. The top three players will be awarded with a more substantial resource bonus.

Please make a new thread for your entry on the Library forum, and post your work there. Also, please provide a link to that thread in a reply to this topic.

Good luck!
Timbor
Street fighter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question - I posted some background (still need to add a bit more) before these contests were announced. Can I still use that background?
DemonSlayer
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, just make sure that we know what part of your background is your contest entry, and what part isn't Smile.
Arlex
Militia

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Entry-

Not my best work, but I had a little fun writing it so it was worth it regardless!

http://trueds.easyphpbb.com/viewtopic.php?t=78
Dwi
Militia

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah writeing! Some thing I am good at! My entry is the fllowing part of my fluff:

Raymond de Nez's back ground:
Raymond de Nez was born to a minor noble and Knight of the Relm named Vandas and a young noble woman who held very little sway in the way of things by the name of Mylene .
The family moved to the walled city of Nez from Montfert before Raymond was born, where they bought a large estate outside of the city. They took the last name de Nez to show where they were from, as was Bretonnian custom.

Vandas was not a very good father or husband often handing burtal beatings to Raymond when he did something wrong or at a or at a preseaved slight, in fact there was not a week where one did not see the young Raymond without a black eye and he often made his younger wife Mylene cry and scream weather in the bed chamber or in genral life this became so bad that one day they found that Mylene had hanged herself.
In the end hhe didin't even crae and soon had many more woman crying and screaming in his bed and court.

He was not a fair ruler eather. He taxed his peasants unjustly and not only allowed them to keep only half of the normal 1% that they by the few rights they had were allowed to keep he also made great execution devices and not a day went by with out seeing a peasont swinging from the great gallows or seeing mass beheadings some time for no reason other than they were not working hard.

In the end he got what was comeing to him when he joined a band of knights that set out to distory a Khonite war bad in woods near Nez. He was flayed alive and his skin was used as a cloke by one of raiders before he died.
Upon hereing of his father grizzly death the now 27 year old Raymond reportly mumbled to himself "I gusse thats karma or the anger of the Lady"
Hopeing for the things his father to be set to right he was deeply disapoined when the higher ranking Nobles of Nez allowed the Merchant guilds to buy up his home and let the evil to continue at the hand of the merchants.
Homeless and disowned Raymond turned to the knights of the ctiy for justace but was turned down. They would have nothing to do with the son
of such a vile man.
He even turned to the Exiles but they did not care.
Angered with the Nobles, Knights, Exiles and merchants he threw his lot in with the Botherhood hopeing to make things
Mogsam
Street fighter

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://trueds.easyphpbb.com/viewtopic.php?t=97

My entry.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CityFight forums Forum Index -> The library All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: