Proclomation! CityFight forums
Forum home for the cityfight campaign

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

Proclomation!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CityFight forums Forum Index -> The banter place
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sir Guy de Trabuchet
Street fighter

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:52 pm    Post subject: Proclomation! Reply with quote

Hear ye! Hear ye!
Let it be known that the city of Nez is under martial law henceforth, at the command of the Chevaliers de Saint Leon. All peasants are to be in their crude dwellings before the setting of the evening sun. Should riffraff be seen on the streets after the setting of the sun, they shall be subject to search, seizure or death at the whim of the Knight Commander. Likewise peasants caught in the act of theft, spitting, inter-species erotica, nose picking, begging, urinating in public or failing to step aside quickly enough for their betters to pass shall be flogged publically or have the offending member removed at the whim of the Knight Commander.

Be it further known that peasants caught taking up arms against the Chevaliers shall be flogged publically with 3 lashes at the convenience of the Knight Commander.

Be it further known that peasants caught taking up arms against the Chevaliers while in the uniform of the Noble class will be put to the sword and their assets seized at the convenience of the Knight Commander.

Be it further known that Nobles caught taking up arms against the Chevaliers or caught leading peasant troops against the Chevaliers will be put to the sword and their assets seized at the convenience of the Knight Commander.
Street fighter

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damned Human Nobles, you have no respect for your people.

They are the foundation that supports your lavish life styles. They are your bank roll.

They paid for the armour on your back and the beast between your legs, and your horse as well.

They take up arms against you because you are disrespectful rulers.

A Great King Serves his People, and his people reward him.

A Bad King orders his people, and his people rebel.
Arlex
Militia

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Oooh, so scary. I think I might wet my pants in terror," Arlex sarcasticcly said as he heard(saw, if such is the case) the proclamation of the Chevaliers. "Get. Off. These. Streets. They belong to the people of Nez now, and not just some pompous fools that wouldn't know the sharp side of a blade if I cut off their head with it!"
Sir Guy de Trabuchet
Street fighter

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Bran Wyr
Mindless prattle from mud dwelling cattle?(yawn) It seems to me that you have little room to speak, coming as you do to this human place from your dingy little caves. You call this a petty war? It is a war that you have little knowledge of, how can a dirtbeard begin to understand the comlexity of what this war is and why it is being waged?

I call your claims to lost trade petty, dirt digger. It is well known that you mudkin like to count your gold more than dabble in matters of justice and honor. You speak large words to your betters for a grimestump but I am sure you have not the courage or resolve to pursue it further than minor grumbling.

You have the nerve to declare war on the people of this place muckdweller? You promise to lay waste to all unless they submit to your resolutions, filling your grubby hands once more with the blood gold you so desperately seek? Tyrants come and go Bran Wyr, and your brutal exploits are well known. I look forward to the coming confrontation, it did so appear that this was going to be a boring little skirmish! Go back to your hole little one before you get hurt...

@Arlex
Ah! Spunk it a dirty little ditch digger! I do so like it when I get to "educate" you pathetic ramble in the arts of diploamcy and tact. I do hope you choose to ignore this proclomation, I am delighted with the prospect of meeting you on the streets, urchin, that I might continue your education personally...
Street fighter

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was King of Kazad-Ong-Varr when your great grandfather was feeding off his mothers teets.

You know nothing of war, combat, or honor. So do not speak to me as if you were my superior, boy. I have fought countless battles and defeated foes you couldnt begin to dream of, so do not preach to me of things you know nothing about.

See how easily you explode into aggression, blind to the truth.

It is the principle, not the gold I am after. You arrogant human squabbles interrupt trade, and you forget oaths made during dealings. Your allow your little wars to disrupt the lives of those greater than yourselves.

Know your place youngling, for yours is very much beneath dwarven boots.

Should you ever feel frisky, I am more than willing to cross blades with you and prove whom is truly honorable.

For remember that it is one thing to be a whelping braggart like yourself, but another to prove it with action.
Mogsam
Street fighter

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bran Wyr wrote:
Damned Human Nobles, you have no respect for your people. They are the foundation that supports your lavish life styles. They are your bank roll.

The people have no respect for their place. These few upstart peseants declare themselves the equals of those better than them. They are a disgrace to the lady and her creed. They will hang before they can sully Bretonnias name. They will submit to the Kings justice and we are his enforcers.

Quote:
They paid for the armour on your back and the beast between your legs, and your horse as well.

I reject this little one. I have never paid for intercourse with your mother. She has allways given it most generously.

Quote:
They take up arms against you because you are disrespectful rulers. A Great King Serves his People, and his people reward him. A Bad King orders his people, and his people rebel.

They take up arms due to the foriegn lies spread by your stunted kind. Go back to your mountains and play with your ruined nations. You have no place in the world. Your place died with all of those holds you so abley failed to protect. Where as we will defend these lands from you foriegn invaders and your sedition against the true people of Bretonnia.
Street fighter

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(sigh...) Oh bother, I had hoped for a more spirited answer but I should have known not to expect that from a dirt eater such as yourself. I should have known not to hope for it is a fleeting thinga nd hardly worth the time that is devoted to it.

I would ask how it seems to you that I have been aggressive. Anger is far too human an emotion and I loath such things. I was merely guaging your motives for being here in this place and at this time and I see my initial analysis was correct, greed is what drove you here and nothing more. You spout about contracts and oathes. I have made no such oathes and therefore I see your attempts to enforce them as simply another gnat gathering on the dung piles.

I never knew much about my mother, other than the fact I had her tried for the crime of giving birth to me without my permission. She looked quite sad right up until the trapdoor opened and her neck snapped. As she twisted in the wind, I knew then I was destined for greater things and have lived my life accordingly since. Intersting that your "honor" allows for you to make fun of someone elses mother, curious even. I know that peasant children often make such jests, I see now that term Dwarf describes in equal details your staure and short sightedness.

I am certain that your history and your threats of violence ring true in the ears of the masses and I am sure you will receive all that is due you in this life and the next.

Duels are of course for honorable beings Dwarf, and thus are alien to you and your nature. Perhaps one day I will be able to take the time to humble you, but for now I have much work to attend to, do be good enough to find a way to stay safe. But then your kind is always good at that....

Last edited by Sir Guy de Trabuchet on Wed May 04, 2011 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
NewGuy

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget that this takes place in 2525, before the events of A5. It's just after A2 that this is set.
Bran Wyr
Street fighter

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOC: This Campaign Takes place before A5...Just to let you know.

IC: See, you are a coward, but you escape it with flowered talk. You avoid a direct challenge, but yet you claim to be honorable. What a joke your race truly is.

And to also be a Kinslayer, killing your own mother for a reason that is in fact beyond reason, and even beyond sanity.

I weep for your people.

You both call my peoples nations ruined, and say he failed to protect them. Well that only goes to show how little you know about the Dwarven Empire. If your human nations were to suffer the same disasters that have befallen my race, you would crumble into dust.

It is the mere fact that we are superior to the majority of your race that is testemant to our lasting Empire.

Both of you are examples of how low and dishonorable humans can indeed become.

Gilles le Breton and Sigmar would weep at what the Human nations have become. Thanks be to the Gods that men like Karl Franz and Louen Leoncouer rule over your own Empires, for if they were lesser men all that your ancestors built would be swept away.
Mogsam
Street fighter

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your disasters were caused by your lack of foresight. Should the gods cause the earth to quake our sky will not fall upon our heads. We were not stupid enough to build inside of mountains. Perhaps your skull is too small for your needs midgit, for your obvious oversight is not missed. Then again your height makes undersight more common.

Our King is great and leads a nation of true chivalry. It is past the time of dwarves. Do not come to our lands and spout your nonsense. You are not welcome here and come unasked for reasons no better than your own enrichment. These people deserve better than your false pitty heathen.
Street fighter

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, Sir Guy, I have always thought it curious that mothers were allowed to preform such acts upon our person, no less. Still even my normally astute mind had never come across such an idea. For giving birth without my permission.....Nevermind, it simply gives me pause.

And do not doubt I will lead whatever pathetic rabble I own to protect what is mine.

Whatever the rampant illegalities of this situation, which I am sure neither you nor I give a peasant's tongue for, for honor and our superior blood put us above such petty concerns, my land is still mine, the town my forefathers, and such a line of forefathers that no man less than the King himself can claim their equal for pure superiority, helped build from the mud they found it in, the town my family has built upon with our contacts and our connections.

This is ours, not some Knight's, who if I remember correctly is of the same line as Dame de Mauville, well known as the harlot married off to Skajad the Bastard when his subjects and kin were granted Bretonnian soil for their crimes against our western ports, and do not try to deny it. If the girl were a virgin I could prove the descendancy, it's rather a hobby *smile*.

I care not for the merchants, though they have done me no wrong yet and so only as much ill as I bear all lessers is given them, nor the Brotherhood, pathetic, base, and utterly sub-human scum though such rats may be.

Nor need I fear the Exiles, for their families are well-known to me, and as I understand them, I need not think of them.

But you Knights, men of blood, of some superiority, you I must wonder at, for why in all this worry and chaos would men who could sit calmly at the same table do tumble with the very dogs over scraps not yet thrown.

When the roast is on the table, we should each take our fill, and put the rest to cellar for cold luncheon tomorrow, rather than hacking and tearing at it, leaving nothing but so much shredded meat for the real curs to lick up off our groaning and bloated forms, prostrated by our single-minded quest to cram as much of the roast as we could into one mouth, our own.
Arlex
Militia

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Although I do not know, nor care, about this dwarf, the way you speak of the dwarf race truly shows the incompetence of you, knight! Many a time I have seen a dwarf line hold against the most impossible odds, odds that even the finest knights would break at the sight of. They are a race who honour every deal made to them, and fight to the death over every wrong dealt to them. It is sad that you so quickly look down upon a worthy opponent, such as them. I do hope your men are far better then their commander, or there are others with more knowledge and intelligence then you among the Chevaliers ranks...otherwise this will be shorter then the trip from Mordheim!"
DemonSlayer
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally, some banter! Though it's more appropriate in the banter forum, then Wink.
NewGuy

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But it was banter in roleplay!

Anyways...

The Lady has ordained that there shall be three types of person, or estates: Those who work, those who fight, and those who pray. As members of the second class, it is our duty as knights to ward the peasants against any evil that may befall them. Thus, if the rabble should rise up against us, their appointed protectors, we must show them the error of their ways and bring them gently but firmly back under our rule.

This natural ordering of our society is what makes our society so peaceful, compared to the disorder present in Tilea or the Empire, where all are forced to squabble for daily bread.

And yet it would seem that most of the knightly defenders of Nez exult in the opportunity to inflict violence upon the peasants. I would remind them that we must treat the lower classes with kindness, as they cannot fully grasp how the estate system is always to their advantage.

Sir Tristan du Valle III
MyrmidianMan
Street fighter

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peasants this, peasants that, when did this conflict start boiling down to peasants! That is not what was intended when this mercantile pressure and knightly lack of decorum began. This was about grand things, wealth, power, influence, Nez, Lyonesse, Bretonnia even. Yet here we are, unable to think of anything better to talk of than dirty, ill-treated peasants with unimaginative masters who don't understand how unnecessary violence and ill use is for those lowest of bloodlines.

They are Bretonnian, and though a hanging, beheading, castration, public abortions, and the odd tossing of a townsman off my roof will put the Lady's fear in them, nothing more than her blood, the only blood we all share a little of, no matter of class, is needed to insure a Bretonnian peasant's loyalty. My peasants have a small school where they can send their low-born rats as children from age six to nine. These runts are taught by nuns of the Fiona de Breton Order, who show them why they are Bretonnian. I don't take all the children obviously, but enough to keep the ideas circulated. It costs a bit, but it is rewarding, and when they grow up, and my worthless boy wears the coronet, they will have all the plebeian ideals that are expected of the rabble.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CityFight forums Forum Index -> The banter place All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: