Turn 2 fluff update CityFight forums
Forum home for the cityfight campaign

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

Turn 2 fluff update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CityFight forums Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DemonSlayer
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 8:21 am    Post subject: Turn 2 fluff update Reply with quote

West of Nez

The fires had gone out just a couple of hours ago. Men under the command of Gareth the Huntsman investigated the camp they had found on the western shores, but it was deserted. Hastily, no less.

'Sir, over here!' One of the scouts had found something. When Gareth reached the scout he saw him pulling loose branches from a large, wooden construction- a landing boat, he recognized. 'So,' the knight spoke. 'the rumours are true, non? The sons return.'

The scout shuffled nervously. 'Sir,'he began, 'we find no trace of them anywhere. Perhaps they turned back when they saw our advance?' A glimmer of hope could be heard in his voice, a glimmer that disappeared as he saw his master's sad smile.

'Their boats are still here. Do you think they swim back? Non, they are here, dans Nez. They slip past us last night.'

And indeed, turning back to view the south, Gareth spotted small pinpoints of light near the west gate of Nez. 'Merde!' he called out. 'We turn back now! I do not know what plan the sons have, but it cannot bode well for the people of the city!'

Church ward

It was late afternoon when the forces clashed. Dwarf warriors and thunderers under the command of Barrik Bran Wyr took up position among the rubble, taking shelter from the fire of a small group of archers led by two very skilled archers serving under the mercenary captain Arlex. A small group of dwarfs tried to advance from their position, only to be greeted by a hail of arrows that pierced their mail shirts and eye sockets. The forces seemed to have reached a stalemate.

The Barrik could easily break the stalemate with a cannon he had brought to the field, but it was positioned poorly, and the gunners could not move it without risking to take fire from the archers.

The archers smiled from behind the ruined walls of the building they were in. Soon enough the resolve of the dwarfs would break, and the church ward would be theirs.

Then they heard the low blow of a horn being sounded, and before they knew it, a dozen armed men rushed them from the flank! The archers quickly turned to repel this attack, and the thugs, armed with weapons provided by the Barrik, dropped one after the other.

The distraction they caused was enough to give the dwarfs time to reposition their cannon, and by the time the archers finished, a cannonball smashed through their ranks. Cursing, the twins who led the archers, Taris and Ulthen, signaled a retreat, leaving the cheering dwarfs behind. The chruch ward fell to the Unified Trade Council.

Harbor

In the west harbor men cheered as a captain of the Unified Trade Council, van Rensellaer, passed out food to the peasants. The food had been locked away in large storehouses, which hungry peasants had always walked by with longing eyes and roaring bellies. Now the food, usually sold to the nobles, was laid out as a banquet to the poor people.

Meanwhile the east was handled with less sublety. Alexander Sorrior, a member of the Allied Forces of Nez, quickly launched an attack on the east harbor, pacifying it in the name of Nez's most powerful people. In doing so, he reestablished a connection from the seas to Nez itself. Even though the connection did not penetrate beyond the harbor, this was a harsh blow to the merchants of the Unified Trade Council, as their blockade was now pierced. The gap was small, but if it wasn't closed, then perhaps more blockade runners would follow.

In the old harbor, however, the toll taken on the population was the heaviest. Despite resistance by the Unified Trade Council, Sir Guy and sir Gaspard, two of the Chevaliers de Saint Leon, had fought their way to the prestigious harbour and reclaimed it in name of the King. Shortly after capturing the district, they established which of the merchants was recognised by Bretonnia as a legitimate trader and friend of the crown. Those who could not identify themselves as such were tossed off the side of the harbor into the cold water, their hands and feet tied together with a hempen rope. The Chevaliers performed the execution dutifully, before planning where their just knights would strike next.

Somewhere in the streets of Nez

'They deny me? They deny our lord? How dare those fools!' Warmonger, the herald of Khorne, was not pleased. He roared his displeasure to the heavens while his Juggernaut tore apart another unfortunate who got in the way.

'Deny me, huh?' The daemon laughed angrily. 'I'll show them. The blood must flow. If they will not fight for us, we'll have to do it ourselves!'

He roared, and a dozen Bloodcrushers roared with him, riders and mounts alike. Then they rode off, in search for the heaviest fighting. There they would make sure that blood would continue to spill.

Later that
evening, men in yellow vests hastily entered one of the churches of the church ward, carrying with them several cases which they handled with great care. The observant would notice a small, black fleur de lys on the right sleeve of each...
Sir Guy de Trabuchet
Street fighter

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh bother!
The Dwarves cant seem to fight their way out of a wet satchel without the help of others. The Lady's curse upon you Muckdweller, and all your traitorous merchantile allies! Perhaps you will be able to barter your way into Morr's Garden, or perhaps your fellows will give you a bag of silver to speed you on your journey to Hell? Perhaps? Perhaps not?

I would beg a favor of you Dirtballer, please make certain that when the time comes I can find you and make ammends for the Lady. Would that you were here I would strike my just gauntlet upon your pompous probiscus, and make sure that you know you betters.

(Nice piece of work DS, short and sweet and still descriptive!)
Street fighter

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the fluff DS, great work!

IC:

You stupid Bretonnian, I will accept your challenge when ever you wish. Just let me know when you are ready to die.
Sir Guy de Trabuchet
Street fighter

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You stupid Bretonnian, I will accept your challenge when ever you wish. Just let me know when you are ready to die.

Oh bother.......
Street fighter

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please Machine-Roi, take the church I was christened in (You know that's another thing I could have executed my mother for, that Knight's suggestion simply has limitless possibility!), but try not to track knightly blood in them as well.

REVERSE PSYCHOLOGY, ACTIVATE!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CityFight forums Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: