Turn Clock please.....and Grumble CityFight forums
Forum home for the cityfight campaign

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

Turn Clock please.....and Grumble

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CityFight forums Forum Index -> General discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bran Wyr
Street fighter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:41 am    Post subject: Turn Clock please.....and Grumble Reply with quote

DemonSlayer can you please publish a turn clock....

If there was a clock I think it would help extremely.

And I must express my displeasure at the complex nature of Challenges.

Why can we not simply challenge someone and agree to meet for the fight?

Why the complex searching?
DemonSlayer
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would make a clock, but the turn end is a bit dynamic. Officially it ends on Sunday 23:59, but in reality it ends some time on Mondays, depending on when I have time to run the update. Having a clock that tells people the turn is over, while in fact they have about 9-12 hours left is not a route I'd like to go.

The searching before challenges is meant, primarily, as a way of representing the fact that you're fighting in a city, amidst a whole lot of peasants that aren't aligned with any faction. The streets are in chaos, danger is everywhere, and there's no mobile camps of armies where you can find your opponent.

So, if anyone wants to hide from potential challengers, then it is very possible for them to do so.

However, finding people is as difficult or easy as players want it to be. If you want to challenge a player, pm-ing him might be enough (if he accepts), or maybe that player (or the challenger!) wants to do a bit more roleplaying. Up to them.

The NPCs are a bit harder to find- except Thierulf and the late Warmonger. They're basically just screaming for people to come and fight them (well, Warmonger stopped recently Razz). If you wanted to challenge shady characters like Grish or Luc though, I'd expect to see some effort.

As a side note, the "complex" searching was also introduced because we're in Bretonnia. There were bound to be a lot of Bretonnian knights, who'd basically be bound by honour to accept challenges, even those they couldn't win. Imagine some skaven or goblin character spending all his resources on equipment, then going after bret characters who had spent their resources on special projects and such. The searching "mechanic" is meant to give people an excuse not to answer a challenge- they're busy elsewhere, and simply cannot be found to be challenged.

So, there was definately a reason behind it Razz.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CityFight forums Forum Index -> General discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: